Only one copy
in stock at this price.
180 day subscription
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to inclue any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Table of Contents
PART I: WRITING IN STAGES: THE PROCESS APPROACH
1. Writing a Paragraph
6. Comparison and Contrast
9. Cause and Effect
11. Writing an Essay
12. Different Essay Patterns
13. Writing from Reading
14. Using Research to Strengthen Essays
PART II: GRAMMAR FOR WRITERS
15. The Simple Sentence
16. Beyond the Simple Sentence: Coordination
17. Avoiding Run-On Sentences and Comma Splices
18. Beyond the Simple Sentence: Subordination
19. Avoiding Sentence Fragments
20. Using Parallelism in Sentences
21. Using Adjectives and Adverbs
22. Correcting Problems with Modifiers
23. Using Verbs Correctly
24. More on Verbs: Consistency and Voice
25. Making Subjects and Verbs Agree
26. Using Pronouns Correctly: Agreement and Reference
27. Using Pronouns Correctly: Consistency and Case
28. Punctuation: The Basics
29. Other Punctuation and Mechanics
31. Words that Sound Alike/Look Alike
32. Word Choice
33. Sentence Variety
PART IV: READINGS FOR WRITERS
ESL APPENDIX: GRAMMAR PRACTICE FOR NON-NATIVE ENGLISH SPEAKING STUDENTS