Assistant Account Manager
eCampus.com is currently seeking an Assistant Account Manager. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with an aptitude for building and maintaining relationships. Superior attention to detail and professional communication skills are a must to be successful in this role. This position is part of a multi-faceted team that is committed to the accurate and timely delivery of textbooks and other course materials to customers while offering an exceptional level of service to the administration, faculty, and students.
The assistant account manager is responsible for corresponding via email, phone, and in-person with key personnel at our partner institutions. The ability to listen to and understand the needs of school administration while quickly and efficiently executing a satisfactory resolution is vital to establishing and maintaining long-term relationships. Also, educating schools on best practices and providing key account metrics to all stakeholders to improve overall performance.
Calendar & Time Management
Higher education is a deadline-driven industry and requires excellent attention to detail when it comes to providing due dates to school administration. Balancing a wide variety of deadlines and meeting or exceeding those expectations for multiple accounts is necessary to the success of the assistant account manager.
In order to fulfill student orders, a variety of product management tasks are completed in advance. The assistant account manager contributes to this process by verifying product availability or making recommendations for alternative products, confirming accurate pricing is set, tracking purchase orders and inventory levels, and ensuring timely fulfillment to support our partner institutions and their students.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Communications, or related field preferred
- 2+ years experience in account management or related field is preferred
- Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to stay organized, multitask, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Aptitude for thinking critically and problem solving
- Overnight travel 5-7% of the year during peak seasons
Digital Marketing Associate
eCampus.com is seeking an Associate in Digital Marketing. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented, self-starter that enjoys a fast-paced environment and working on a variety of tasks. You will be an important member of the digital marketing team, ensuring that marketing campaigns are well-planned, well-executed and well-tracked. This roles provides significant opportunity to grow in a broad array of marketing techniques, tools and disciplines, on a dynamic and growing team.
- Support marketing team by creating, executing and managing marketing campaigns
- Monitor, analyze and report on campaign performance
- Manage loyalty and brand reputation programs
- Develop, implement and track email marketing campaigns
- Help build paid search and social media campaigns
- Coordinate marketing and promotional calendars
- Collaborate across departments to provide support for marketing initiatives
- Conduct competitive market research
- 1+ years of relevant experience in marketing, media or related fields (strong media or agency internship may be acceptable)
- Degree in marketing or relevant field preferred
- Must have experience with copywriting and content creation
- Familiarity with email marketing platforms, such as Bronto, Mailchimp or SendGrid
- Must have experience with the Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel
- Thrives in a collaborative, team environment
- Works well in an environment that promotes autonomy
- Quick learner and interested in continuous learning
- eCampus.com leadership knows the secret to the company's success is largely due to the quality and dedication of its employees and offers a competitive benefits package including health, dental, vision, Group Life/AD&D, long-term disability, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Celebrating our 20th anniversary in 2019, eCampus.com is one of America's oldest and largest textbook ecommerce sites. eCampus.com's mission is to provide the easiest, fastest, cheapest way for students to buy, rent or sell textbooks.
Assistant Account Manager/Account Manager
We are currently seeking an Assistant Account Manager/Account Manager for the Virtual Bookstore Department. This position will thrive in a fast-paced business environment where hard work and self-motivated professionalism are quickly rewarded. The primary goal for this position will be to coordinate, organize, direct, and ensure the efficient and effective operation of several online College bookstore accounts. This position will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with school administrators and faculty, while working closely with other team members to ensure accurate and timely delivery of textbooks and supplies to customers. This position will report directly to the Director of Operations of the Virtual bookstore Department.
Build and maintain relationships with key contacts, including school administrators and faculty, at several colleges and universities by:
- Overseeing the planning and status of upcoming and current semesters for all online bookstore accounts
- Coordinate with the Bookstore Manager and other team members on daily tasks and goals
- Developing and implementing marketing plans for each academic cycle
- Evaluating effectiveness of marketing plans on an annual basis
- Managing online bookstore appearance, efficiency, and content
- Monitoring all monies (payable and receivable) to ensure all accounts are up to date
- Coordinating end of term online and onsite textbook buybacks
- Renegotiating contractual agreements with school accounts as needed
- Preparing and maintaining records of departmental budget in conjunction with the Inventory Control Manager
- Reviewing and evaluating sales figures against budget to assure compliance with budgetary controls, adjusting as needed
- Developing, updating and implementing policies and procedures and necessary changes to the Virtual Bookstore Department's operations and policies; presenting or submitting proposed changes to policies and procedures to upper management for approval as required
- Maintaining current knowledge of changes and trends in the bookstore/retail market
- Assisting the Virtual Bookstore Department customer service team with process improvements and customer inquiries
- Supporting the Bookstore Manager and other team members with the textbook adoption processes and open order tracking
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to travel up to 30% (overnight travel included)
- Bachelor’s degree required (Business, Marketing, or related field)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (including Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
- Succeed in a team environment with strong leadership skills
- Ability to set and achieve sales goals; track and manage inventory; and analyze sales history to predict future sales
- Ability to multi-task and keep a customer focus
- Possess an ownership mentality
- Previous experience in sales, marketing, customer service, account management, inventory management, and/or purchasing a plus
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- Normal office environment with some exposure to dust, noise, temperature and the like
- Sitting or standing for long periods
- Standing, bending, and lifting up to 50 pounds
- Physically assisting with buy-backs in all weather conditions
- Operation of standard business equipment, such as calculators, fax machines, computer printer, and photocopiers
- Extended viewing of computer screens
We are currently seeking a Textbook Manager who can thrive in a fast-paced business environment where hard work and self-motivated professionalism are rewarded. The primary responsibility of this position is the efficient and effective operation of several online K-12 and college bookstore accounts in the Virtual Bookstore Department. The person in this position will build and maintain relationships with school administrators and faculty, while working as part of a team with the Bookstore Manager and Assistant Textbook Manager for those schools. The team is committed to the accurate and timely delivery of textbooks and supplies to customers, offering an exceptional level of service to the administration, faculty and students. The ideal candidate has strong interpersonal skills combined with great attention to detail and the ability to analyze data.
Build and maintain relationships with key contacts, including school administrators and faculty, at several K-12 schools, colleges and universities:
- Communicate with school contacts via email and phone, adjust communication methods in response to particular needs of each school, and respond promptly to all emails and calls
- Travel at end of each school year/semester to conduct onsite book buybacks
- Facilitate ordering of desk copies and teachers' materials for the school
Act as an indispensable and responsive resource for your schools:
- Communicate with publishers and/or their representatives, as well as internal departments, to continually enhance knowledge of developments and trends in the industry, such as digital products, new formats and delivery methods/platforms
- Attend industry conferences as scheduled (if applicable)
Oversee the planning and status of upcoming and current semesters/school years for all online bookstore accounts:
- Review upcoming semester reports, establish timeline for each school to ensure accurate inventory availability and readiness of website
- Partner with school to be sure all required information is provided to us
- Supervise adoption procedures performed by Assistant Textbook Managers
- Review website to ensure accuracy of all listings
- Monitor textbook inventory reports to ensure accurate stock levels and timing of receipts
- Review Open Order reports daily/weekly to be sure orders are coming in on time, identify potential issues, work with schools as needed on availabilities
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to succeed in a team environment and demonstrate strong leadership skills and initiative
- Possess an ownership mentality
- Flexibility and organizational skills to respond effectively to a fast pace, unexpected issues, demanding timelines and peak periods as well as multiple and changing priorities
- Customer focus in all aspects of the position, including follow-up and follow-through
- Strong and adaptable oral and written communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the year (including overnight travel during peak seasons)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (including Excel, Word, Outlook & Powerpoint)
- Ability to set and achieve sales goals, analyze sales history to predict future needs, track and manage inventory
- Bachelor degree required
- 3+ years' experience in textbook and/or publishing industry preferred; or experience in customer service, account management, inventory management, retail operations and/or purchasing a plus
Employees have the option of choosing among 3 plans administered through Anthem.
Discounted vision plan available through VSP Vision.
Provided through Delta Dental, offering an extensive network of providers throughout the country.
Company paid benefit at no charge to all full-time employees. Policy is equal to one times your annual earnings.
This option provides additional life insurance for employees and the option to cover spouses and/or dependents.
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)/Health Savings Account (HSA)
Set aside some of your income on a pre-tax basis for health care and/or dependent care expenses.
Company paid benefit at no charge to all full-time employees.
Voluntary benefit that covers 60% of your weekly salary if you should be out of work for up to 90 days due to accident or illness.
Supplement insurance offered through Aflac. Cancer, Hospital, and Accident plans available.
Paid Time Off & Holidays
All full-time employees begin accruing paid time off (vacation and sick time) at their date of hire. All full-time employees also receive nine (9) paid holidays each year.
401(k) Retirement Plan
Employees have the choice of two 401(k) plans, the Traditional and the Roth. eCampus.com will match dollar for dollar the first 4% of an employee's salary and are immediately vested from the first day of participation.