Food Fundamentalsby McWilliams, Margaret, Ph.D., R.D., Professor Emeritus
Only one copy
in stock at this price.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to inclue any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Table of Contents
SECTION 1. FOUNDATION FOR FOOD STUDY
1. Food for Today
2. Nutrition and Food
3. Food Safety
SECTION 2. FOOD PREPARATION
4. Factors in Food Preparation
7. Salads and Salad Dressings
8. Fats and Oils
9. Carbohydrates: Sugar
10. Carbohydrates: Starches and Cereals
11. Proteins: Milk and Cheese
12. Proteins: Eggs
13. Proteins: Meats, Poultry, and Fish
14. Leavening Agents
15. Basics of Batters and Doughs
17. Cakes, Cookies, and Pastries
19. Preserving Food
SECTION 3. FOOD IN THE CONTEXT OF LIFE
20. Menu Planning and Meal Preparation
21. Meal Service and Hospitality
Appendix A. The Metric System
Appendix B. Some Food Additives
Appendix C. Dietary Reference Intakes