Questions About This Book?
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to inclue any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Table of Contents
I. THE JUVENILE JUSTICE SYSTEM, MEASURING DELINQUENCY, AND DELINQUENCY THEORIES.
2. Measuring Delinquency: Types of Offenders and Trends.
3. Theories of Delinquency.
4. An Overview of the Juvenile Justice System.
II. THE LEGAL RIGHTS OF JUVENILES AND PREADJUDICATORY PROCESSING.
6. Juveniles and the Police.
7. Intake and Preadjudicatory Processing.
III. PROSECUTORIAL DECISION MAKING, CLASSIFICATION, AND THE ADJUDICATORY PROCESS.
9. Classification and Preliminary Treatment: Waivers and Other Alternatives.
10. The Adjudicatory Process: Dispositional Alternatives.
IV. JUVENILE DISPOSITIONS AND CORRECTIONS.
12. Juvenile Probation and Intermediate Punishments.
13. Juvenile Corrections: Custodial Sanctions and Parole.