Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to inclue any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Table of Contents
UNIT 1: LEADERSHIP 1
1. The Health Care System: Environment for Nursing Leadership
2. Leadership Theory
3. Interactive Processes of Leadership: Communication and the Group Process
4. Decision Making and Conflict Management
5. The Ethical Responsibility of the Nurse Leader
UNIT 2: AN OVERVIEW OF ORGANIZATIONS AND MANAGEMENT
6. Organization and Management Theory
7. Overview of Nursing Management
8. Delegation: The Manager’s Tool
UNIT 3: SPECIAL RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE MANAGER
9. Maintaining Standards
10. Motivation in the Work Setting
11. Monitoring and Improving Performance
12. Legal Issues in the Work Place
13. Managing Change
UNIT 4: MANAGING RESOURCES
14. Managing Resources: The Staff
15. Managing Resources: Time
16. Managing Resources: The Budget
17. Informatics in Nursing