Returning your rented textbook(s) is easy.
You will receive two emails shortly before the end of the rental period reminding you to return the texts and detailing the following process.
- Log into your school's online bookstore.
- Click the Order Status tab at the top of the page.
- A new page displays. Click the Rental Return button near the bottom of the page.
- On the next page, in the Return Rental column, check the box next to the rental(s) you plan to return at this time. Click the Continue button.
- You'll see detailed instructions of the rental process. To print your free UPS return shipping label, click the orange button entitled Print Label.
- Print the two pages that display. Cut out the label from the first page and adhere it to the box you're using to return the book(s). Include the second page (the packing slip) in the box with your rental book(s).
- Take your labeled box containing your books to a UPS store or agent. Your return must be entered into the UPS system no later than five (5) days after the end of your rental period to avoid late charges of up to the full list price of the rented book.
If you fail to return your rental on time or within the five day grace period, you will be charged a late fee equal to up to the full list price of the rented textbook(s) by A Book Company, LLC. You may be able to have some of this fee refunded to you:
If you have any questions about this policy, you may contact A Book Company, LLC's customer service department at 1 (888) 388-9909 Monday – Friday from 9 am – 5 pm ET.
- If you follow the above rental return process and the textbook is received at the warehouse within six (6) to twelve (12) days after the original due date of your rental, 75% of the fee will be refunded to you.
- If you follow the above rental return process and the textbook is received at the warehouse within thirteen (13) to nineteen (19) days after the original due date of your rental, 50% of the fee will be refunded to you.
By placing your rental order with ED MAP, Inc., you agree to use Renter's online rental returns process and to return the rented merchandise as directed using the printable, prepaid UPS shipping label that is provided as part of that process. You agree that failing to use Renter's online rental returns process and/or the provided shipping label may cause delays and additional fees to be assessed. You agree that you are responsible for remembering the rental return date and returning the rental as directed within the timeframe specified.
A valid, active credit or debit card which is tied to a financial institution is required for any rental transaction. Renter accepts Visa, MasterCard and Discover. You hereby acknowledge and agree that Renter may charge you for any lost, stolen or damaged books associated with your account. Renter will charge an additional amount to your credit or debit card if you choose to buy any rented book at any time during the rental period. By using ED MAP you agree to the storing of your credit or debit card information and you also agree to any additional charges specified in this Agreement or on this website, including, without limitation, any fees resulting from damage, lost or stolen books, auto-extensions, and/or unreturned books. You agree that Renter may, at their sole discretion, send your account to a collection agency if you fail to pay all fees due to Renter. You agree not to hold Renter responsible in the event Renter does not credit or debit your credit or debit card for a period of time due to circumstances beyond their control. Renter makes no guarantees regarding the processing time for charges.
You agree to keep your credit card or debit card in good standing during the term of your rental. In the event that you are charged additional fees for a book that is not returned as directed and your account is inactive or not funded, Renter reserves the right to attempt to charge your card additional fees, as Renter deems necessary, to collect full payments owed. If, after these attempts, the amounts owed are still not paid, then Renter reserves the right to place you into collection status. Collections may be done by Renter or a third party on Renter's behalf.
You may contact ED MAP at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Renting a textbook is similar to buying a used textbook. Rented textbooks most likely will NOT contain ancillary items, such as CDs, access codes, etc., that you would receive when purchasing a new version of some textbooks.