More New and Used
from Private Sellers
In Stock Usually Ships in 24 Hours.
Currently Available, Usually Ships in 24-48 Hours
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
Renting is easy, fast, and cheap! Renting from eCampus.com can save you hundreds of dollars compared to the cost of new or used books each semester. At the end of the semester, simply ship the book back to us with a free UPS shipping label! No need to worry about selling it back.
How do rental returns work?
Returning books is as easy as possible. As your rental due date approaches, we will email you several courtesy reminders. When you are ready to return, you can print a free UPS shipping label from our website at any time. Then, just return the book to your UPS driver or any staffed UPS location. You can even use the same box we shipped it in!
What version or edition is this?
This is the edition with a publication date of 11/6/2012.
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to inclue any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Guest Service in the Hospitality Industry adopts the premise that there is no one simple solution to managing people who provide customer service. It does not claim one, absolute answer, but, instead, takes a general approach that incorporates various thoughts from different parts of the industry, differing from property to property. By providing several frameworks for instituting approaches, this text opens minds to the idea of taking care of the guest. It discusses issues and debunks myths about customer service with concepts that are solid and proven in the industry. Furthermore, this new text includes all of the major areas of the hospitality industry as they relate to delivering quality customer service. It not only provides a history and overview of guest service but then goes much further to include other essential topics, including problem-solving, quality tools and assessments, staffing, marketing, and strategic planning.
Table of Contents
Section I: Introduction, History, and Basics of Guest Service
- Chapter 1: The Basics of Guest Service
- Chapter 2: Defining Guest Service
- Chapter 3: Problem-Solving for Guest Service
Section II: Relating Service to the Sectors of the Hospitality Industry: How Service Relates
- Chapter 4: The Guest Service of Food
- Chapter 5: The Guest Service of Beverages
- Chapter 6: The Guest Service of Lodging
- Chapter 7: The Guest Service of Events
- Chapter 8: The Guest Service of Travel and Tourism
- Chapter 9: The Guest Service of Casinos
Section III: Assessments and Planning
- Chapter 10: Research and Tools
- Chapter 11: Strategic Planning for Service
- Chapter 12: Developing a Staff
- Chapter 13: Marketing and Establishing an Image for Service