What is included with this book?
“Sooner or later, just like the rest of us, you’ll ask The Question:
‘Why, God? Why did You let this happen?’”
Bob Russell has seen it all—tragedy in his childhood church, broken families in his pastoral ministry, a world torn by war and injustice—the list goes on. It all begs the question: Why?
But Bob thinks we should be asking a different question: Who? Who is God, and what is He doing as our hearts are hurting?
With compassion and wisdom, Bob Russell turns your Why? question into the Who? question, leading you to the God who can be trusted no matter what.
BOB RUSSELL At just twenty-two years of age, Bob became the pastor of Southeast Christian Church. That small congregation of 120 members became one of the largest churches in America, with 18,000 people attending the four worship services every weekend in 2006 when Bob retired. Now through Bob Russell Ministries, Bob continues to preach at churches and conferences throughout the United States, provide guidance for church leadership, mentor other ministers and author Bible study videos for use in small groups. An accomplished author, Bob has written over one-dozen books.
Bob and his wife Judy of 47 years have two married sons, Rusty and Phil. In his leisure time he enjoys playing golf and is an avid University of Louisville football and basketball fan.
1. Why, God? Facing Life's Toughest Question.
2. Night Vision: Finding Light When All Seems Dark.
3. Suffer the Children:Where is God in a Hurting Home?
4. Bless This Mess: Hope for Troubled Homes.
5. Trials and Temptations: Where is God When the Enemy Attacks?
6. Storm-Proof: Weathering Life's Dark Moments.
7. Bearing the Wait: Why Is It Taking So Long?
8. Time-Tested: The Secret of Outlasting Long Term Discouragement.
9. Blessing and Testing: How Does God Use Good Times?
10. Redeeming the Time: Making the Most of Sunny Seasons.
11. When the Bad Guys Win: Why Won't God Punish the Wicked?
12. Pardon Our Dust: Why Must Aging Be Such a Trial?
Epilogue: Beyond This Veil of Tears