More New and Used
from Private Sellers
Questions About This Book?
What version or edition is this?
This is the Revised edition with a publication date of 12/12/2012.
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
The Oxford Bible Commentary is a Bible study and reference work for 21st century students and readers that can be read with any modern translation of the Bible. It offers verse-by-verse explanation of every book of the Bible by the world's leading biblical scholars. From its inception, OBC has been designed as a completely non-denominational commentary, carefully written and edited to provide the best scholarship in a readable style for readers from all different faith backgrounds.It uses the traditional historical-critical method to search for the original meaning of the texts, but also brings in new perspectives and insights - literary, sociological, and cultural - to bring out the expanding meanings of these ancient writings and stimulate new discussion and further enquiry.Newly issued in a series of part volumes, the OBC is now available in an affordable and portable format for the commentaries to the Pauline Epistles. Includes a general introduction to using the Commentary, in addition to an introduction to study of the New Testament, and to the Pauline Corpus in particular.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to the Apocrypha, Martin Goodman
2. Tobit, Joseph A. Fitzmyer, SJ
3. Judith, Amy-Jill Levine
4. Esther (Greek), Adele Reinhartz
5. The Wisdom of Solomon, William Horbury
6. Ecclesiasticus, or The Wisdom of Jesus Son of Sirach, John J. Collins
7. Barach with the Letter of Jeremiah, Alison Salvesen
8. Additions to Daniel: the Prayer of Azariah, the Song of the Three Jews, Susanna, Bel and the Dragon, George J. Brooke
9. 1 Maccabees, U. Rappaport
10. 2 Maccabees, R. Doran
11. 1 Esdras, Sara Japhet
12. Prayer of Manasseh, George W. E. Nickelsburg
13. Psalm 151, John Barton
14. 3 Maccabees, Sarah Pearce
15. 2 Esdras, Peter Hayman
16. 4 Maccabees, David J. Elliott