More New and Used
from Private Sellers
Usually Ships in 3-5 Business Days
Starting at $153.95
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
Renting is easy, fast, and cheap! Renting from eCampus.com can save you hundreds of dollars compared to the cost of new or used books each semester. At the end of the semester, simply ship the book back to us with a free UPS shipping label! No need to worry about selling it back.
How do rental returns work?
Returning books is as easy as possible. As your rental due date approaches, we will email you several courtesy reminders. When you are ready to return, you can print a free UPS shipping label from our website at any time. Then, just return the book to your UPS driver or any staffed UPS location. You can even use the same box we shipped it in!
What version or edition is this?
This is the 1st edition with a publication date of 8/24/2013.
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Table of Contents
1. Making sense of art, making art of sense, Francesca Bacci
2. The Science and Art of the Sixth Sense, Nicholas J. Wade
3. The Art of Touch in Early Modern Italy, Geraldine A. Johnson
4. The multisensory perception of touch, Charles Spence
5. Aesthetic Touch, Rosalyn Driscoll
6. Art, aesthetics and the senses, Elio Franzini
7. Sculpture and touch?, Francesca Bacci
8. Touch and the Cinematic Experience, Jennifer M. Barker
9. Hearing Scents, Tasting Sights: Toward a Cross-Cultural Multi-Modal Theory of Aesthetics, David Howes
10. The science of taste and smell, Tim Jacob
11. The Influence of hearing on eating, drinking and perception, Charles Spence, Maya U. Shankar, and Heston Blumenthal
12. Thinking Multisensory Culture, Laura U. Marks
13. Sighting Sound: Listening with Eyes Open, Simon Shaw-Miller
14. The sight and sound of music: audio-visual interactions in science and the arts, David Melcher and Massimiliano Zampini
15. Improvisation in time: The art of jazz- An interview with Greg Osby and Skip Hadden, David Melcher
16. Musical Tension, Carol L. Krumhansl and Fred Lerdahl
17. Cause and affect. A functional perspective on music and emotion, Guy Madison
18. The Mystery of Representation: a Conversation with Vic Muniz, Vic Muniz and David Melcher
19. Pictorial cues in art and in visual perception, David Melcher and Patrick Cavanagh
20. The many dimensions of the third one, Ruggero Pierantoni
21. Film, Narrative, and Cognitive Neuroscience, Jeffrey M. Zacks & Joseph P. Magliano
22. Mirror neurons and art, Vittorio Gallese
23. Pictorial art beyond sight: revealing the mind of a blind painter, Amir Amedi, Lotfi B. Merabet, Noa Tal, Alvaro Pascual-Leone
24. Visual Music in Arts and Minds: Explorations with Synaesthesia, Dr Jamie Ward
25. Visual Music and Musical Paintings: The quest for synaesthesia in the arts, Cretien van Campen
26. Dance, Choreography and the Brain, Ivar Hagendoorn
27. Neuroaesthetic of performing arts, Beatriz Calvo-Merino & Patrick Haggard
28. Multi-Sensory Aesthetics in Product Design, Hendrik N.J. Schifferstein & Paul Hekkert
29. Architecture and the Body, Alberto Perez-Gomez
30. Architecture and the existensial sense, Juhani Pallasmaa
31. Multimodal, interactive media and the illusion of realit, Elena Pasquinelli