Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Succeed in your pediatric nursing course with Children and Their Families, Third Edition! This bestselling text has already helped thousands of students master the concepts and skills necessary for effective practice in a variety of settings, from home to school to medical center.
The book’s easy-to-understand presentation, striking visuals, and built-in learning tools help you develop an understanding of the unique role you’ll have in working with all members of the pediatric healthcare system and equip you to make critical judgments and decisions in a variety of settings across the continuum of care.
- Broaden your understanding of the interrelated dynamics of pediatric nursing care and make the leap from theory to practice, through Progressive Case Studies that follow a community of pediatric clients through each chapter.
- Learn to create and implement care plans through Nursing Plan of Care features.
- Develop an understanding of important psychosocial, teaching, physiologic, or pathophysiologic differences among children of various age groups with handy Developmental Consideration charts.
- Prepare for effective practice with Care Paths that summarize the interdisciplinary plan of care for a child with a specific condition and include nursing diagnoses to alert the health care team to current or potential issues that require intervention.
- Learn the skills you need for effective client/family education with Teaching Intervention Plans (TIPs) that present interdisciplinary plans focused on aspects of care involving child and/or family education.
- Evaluate and improve your critical thinking skills with Clinical Judgments features.
- Develop the skills you need to work with families in community settings through Community Care Charts that present special teachings and clinical information.
- Master important information through Nursing Intervention Charts that provide a more in-depth description of particular nursing care activities.
- Learn how to assess disorders in various body systems through Focused Health History charts that summarize specific health history information.
- Identify abnormal findings through a Focused Physical Assessment chart that highlights assessment findings and explains what would be considered an abnormal finding.
- Prepare for clinical practice with Nursing Diagnoses and Outcome charts that summarize the nursing diagnoses and outcomes that are consistently applicable to defined populations of children with specific health challenges.
- Enhance your understanding of how children are cared for in other cultures through Cross-Cultural Care boxes.
- Develop an understanding of how research informs pediatric practice through Evidence-Based Practice boxes.