More New and Used
from Private Sellers
Usually Ships in 3-5 Business Days
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
Renting is easy, fast, and cheap! Renting from eCampus.com can save you hundreds of dollars compared to the cost of new or used books each semester. At the end of the semester, simply ship the book back to us with a free UPS shipping label! No need to worry about selling it back.
How do rental returns work?
Returning books is as easy as possible. As your rental due date approaches, we will email you several courtesy reminders. When you are ready to return, you can print a free UPS shipping label from our website at any time. Then, just return the book to your UPS driver or any staffed UPS location. You can even use the same box we shipped it in!
What version or edition is this?
This is the CD edition with a publication date of 1/13/2013.
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Business Communication: Connecting at workis a comprehensive textbook designed especially for the post graduate students of business management. It takes a practice oriented approach to explain the core concepts of business communication with the help of examples, case studies, exhibits and a lot of illustrations. The book opens with an introduction to business communication and enumerates various communication skills such as oral and non-verbal skills and listening skills. The next section focuses on writing skills. It highlights the importance of planning before writing. It goes on to discuss various kinds of written messages, including official documents such as reports and proposals. The following section looks at interpersonal communication skills. It comprises communication in groups and teams, negotiation skills, delivering good presentation and communicating effectively through visual medium. It is followed by a discussion on business etiquettes and cross cultural communication. The final section prepares the readers to develop effective resumes and face group discussions and interviews with confidence, along with insight in to important technologies related to business communication. Students will find this book helpful for its comprehensive coverage. The book will also be useful for working professionals for its strong theoretical and practical base.
Table of Contents
Part 1: Communication in Organizations
1. Introduction to business environment and communication
2. Basics of communication
3. Corporate communication
4. Listening skills
5. Verbal and non verbal communication
Part 2: Written Communication
6. Good writing skills
7. Planning and writing messages
8. Writing different messages
9. Writing business reports and proposals
Part 3: Interpersonal communication
10. Work relationships
11. Negotiation skills
12. Creating and Delivering good presentations
13. Analyzing and interpreting data and communicating visually
Part 4: Business Etiquettes and cross cultural communication
14. Business and social etiquettes
15. Communicating across borders
Part 5: Resumes and Interviews
16. Career planning and resumes
17. GD, interviews and follow up
18. Technology in Business Communication