Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- Presents new ideas and interpretations of a fascinating yet much misunderstood period of Spanish and Islamic history
- A broad and complex treatment of the tenure of the Umayyad dynasty in Spain
- Debunks myths and investigates the historiography of existing scholarship of the period
Table of Contents
1 Al-Andalus:War and Society, 796–888 14
2 The Asturian Kingdom: Chroniclers and Kings, 791–910 50
3 The Christians of al-Andalus 83
4 Monks, Books, and Saints in the Christian North 104
5 Al-Andalus: Local Government versus the Capital, 888–928 121
6 TheKingdomofLe´ on, 910–1037 138
7 Al-Andalus: Umayyad Triumph and Disaster, 912–1031 166
8 The Kingdom of Navarre and the Pyrenean Counties, 799–1035 205
9 The County of Castile, c.860–1037 238