Explore one of Tamil Nadu’s many grand Hindu temples, stopping to savour the smell of jasmine garlands piled up before carved granite gods. Crane your neck to see the top of these towering pyramid-like temples adorned with the statues of deities, warriors and dancers. Escape the heat by following the footsteps of the British colonialists into the charming hill stations, or go surround yourself by nature in the blue Nilgiri mountains. Featuring detailed coverage of this wonderfully diverse region, Footprintfocus Chennai & Tamil Nadu will prove an invaluable companion.
· Essentials section with practical tips on getting there and around.
· Background section with fascinating information on the region’s unique history, culture & cuisine.
· Comprehensive listings of where to eat, sleep & play including festivals and horse riding.
· Detailed street maps for important cities and towns.
· Slim enough to fit in your pocket.
Loaded with advice and information, this concise Footprintfocus guide will help you get the most out of Tamil Nadu without weighing you down.
The content of the Footprintfocus Chennai & Tamil Nadu guide has been extracted from Footprint’s India Handbook.