Help students understand how culture impacts development - and why it matters.
Through current research and examples from around the world, Arnett/Maynard’s Child Development provides students with a more accurate and practical understanding of how development works in the real world. Whether they travel the globe or remain in their home towns, students will benefit from being able to think culturally about human development and our culturally diverse and globalized world. New U.S. and international videos, shot in several countries, allow students to observe similarities and differences in human development across cultures.
MyPsychLab is an integral part of the Arnett/Maynard program. Key learning applications include a personalized study plan, MyPsychLab Video Series, and MyVirtualChild.
A better teaching and learning experience
The teaching and learning experience with this program helps to:
- Personalize Learning – MyPsychLab is online learning. MyPsychLab engages students through personalized learning and helps instructors from course preparation to delivery and assessment.
- Understand Culture and Diversity– Extensive cultural coverage is woven into the narrative and on vivid display in images.
- Improve Critical Thinking – Students will learn to think critically about the influence of culture on development. Learning objectives, listed at the start of each chapter and within every section, help students better organize and understand the material.
- Engage Students – Research and examples on the similarities and differences in child development across cultures will fascinate students.
- Explore Research – Students are presented with current research and examples from around the world.
- Support Instructors – All supplements were developed around the textbook’s carefully constructed learning objectives.
- Child Development through Middle Childhood: A Cultural Approach is an abridged paperback version of Child Development: A Cultural Approach.
Click here to view a sample chapter! http://www.pearsonhighered.com/showcase/arnettmaynard/
This Book a la Carte Edition is an unbound, three-hole punched, loose-leaf version of the textbook and provides students the opportunity to personalized their book by incorporating their own notes and taking the portion of the book they need to class – all at a fraction of the bound book price.