Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
What is included with this book?
A place of extremes and contradictions, Chile is home to a bewilderingly diverse geography and climate. Footprint’s Chile Handbook will guide you from the endless and eerie Atacama Desert in the north to the creaking, fractured glacial ice of the south, with beaches and rainforest to explore in between.
· Great coverage of the top activities and sights in the region, including Easter Island, Chiloé, the wine routes, skiing, geysers and salt flats
· Loaded with information and suggestions on how to get off the beaten track, from hiking volcanoes to whitewater rafting
· Includes comprehensive information on everything from transport and practicalities to history, culture & landscape
· Plus all the usual accommodation, eating and drinking listings for every budget
· Full-color planning section to inspire travelers and help them find the best experiences
From Patagonian penguins to the buzz of vertiginous Valparaíso, Footprint’s fully updated 7th edition will help you navigate this adventurous destination.
Ben Box has been working on the South American Handbook for over 30 years and is a Latin America expert. Ben has contributed to newspapers, magazines and learned tomes, usually on the subject of travel, and has also been involved in Footprint’s Central America & Mexico, Caribbean Islands, Brazil and Peru since their inception. Having a doctorate in Spanish and Portuguese studies from London University, Ben maintains a strong interest in Latin American literature and culture.
Anna Maria Espsäter, originally from Sweden, first moved to Mexico at 20, enjoying the culture shock, spicy food and sunny weather. She has since returned repeatedly for shorter and longer stays. Now based in London, she works as a freelance travel and food writer, chasing the ambition of visiting every country in the world. With 87 visited to date she has a way to go yet, but remains undaunted despite surviving tropical disease, earthquakes, assault and armed robbery on the road.