Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
Trevor Hartley, Professor Emeritus of Law, London School of Economics
Trevor Hartley is Professor Emeritus of Law at the London School of Economics, where he has taught since 1969, after five years at the University of Western Ontario, Canada. He has been a visiting professor at the Universities of California (Berkeley), Michigan, Florida, and Texas and at the College of Europe, Bruges. He has published many books and articles on EU Law and Private International Law, including International Commercial Litigation (Cambridge University Press, 2009), The Foundations of European Community Law, 7th ed. (Oxford University Press, 2010) and European Union Law in a Global Context (Cambridge University Press, 2004). He co-authored the official report on the 2005 Hague Convention on Choice of Court Agreements. He is a member of the American Law Institute and the Committee that advises the British Government on private international law (Ministry of Justice).
Table of Contents
2. Territorial Application
3. From what date do the instruments apply?
4. Subject-matter scope
5. International Scope
6. Conflict of Instruments
Validity and Effect
7. Validity of Choice-of-Court Agreements
8. Effects of Choice-of-Court Agreements
9. Recognition and enforcement of judgments
10. Remedies and Procedure
11. Concurrent proceedings
13. Consumer contracts under Brussels and Lugano
14. Individual contracts of employment under Brussels and Lugano
15. Immovable Property
17. Intellectual Property
Selected provisions from the Brussels Convention, the Brussels 1 Regulation and the Lugano Convention
Choice-of-court provisions in the Brussels Convention, Brussels 2000, Brussels 2012, the Lugano Convention of 1988 and the Lugano Convention of 2007
Brussels 2012: Text of the Regulation
Hague: Text of the Convention and Hartley/Dogauchi Report
Extracts from Nygh/Pocar Report