NOTE: Books a la Carte are unbound, three-hole-punch versions of the textbook. This lower cost option is easy to transport and comes with same access code or media that would be packaged with the bound book.
Building on the research-proven instructional techniques introduced in Knight’s Physics for Scientists and Engineers, College Physics: A Strategic Approach sets a new standard for algebra-based introductory physics—gaining widespread critical acclaim from professors and students alike. The text, supplements, and MasteringPhysics® work together to help you see and understand the big picture, gain crucial problem-solving skills and confidence, and better prepare for lecture and their future.
For the Third Edition, Randy Knight, Brian Jones, and Stuart Field have incorporated student feedback and research to strengthen their focus on student learning, and to apply the best results from educational research and extensive user feedback and metadata.
This program presents an unparalleled learning experience, uniquely effective and integrated.
- Personalize learning with MasteringPhysics: MasteringPhysics provides you with engaging experiences that coach you through physics with specific wrong-answer feedback, hints, and a wide variety of educationally effective content.
- Prepare for lecture: Prepare yourself for lecture with innovative and engaging media tools, tailored carefully to reinforce the textbook.
- Understand the big picture: Learn the connections between topics, the real-world context, and the overarching themes, skills, and principles of physics using refined and expanded learning tools.
- Develop problem-solving skills: Equip yourself with problem-solving tactics and strategies through expanded guidance and practice in the text and online in MasteringPhysics.
- Foster skills for the MCAT: Gear up for the new MCAT with enhanced life-science and biomedical applications in the text and problems, and increased emphasis on reasoning with real-world situations and data.