Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
What is included with this book?
Make the most of your new Windows® 10 notebook or desktop computer–without becoming a technical expert! This book is the fastest way to get comfortable, get productive, get online, get started with social networking, make more connections, and have more fun! Even if you’ve never used a Windows computer before, this book shows you how to do what you want, one incredibly clear and easy step at a time. Computer basics have never, ever been this simple!
Who knew how simple using computers could be?
This is today’s best beginner’s guide to using your computer or tablet with the new Windows 10 operating system…simple, practical instructions for doing everything you really want to do!
Here’s a small sample of what you’ll learn:
This book is part of Que’s Content Update Program. As Microsoft® updates features of Windows, sections of this book will be updated or new sections will be added to match the updates to the software. See inside for details
Michael Miller is a successful and prolific author with a reputation for practical advice, technical accuracy, and an unerring empathy for the needs of his readers.
Mr. Miller has written more than 150 best-selling books over the past 25 years. His books for Que include Easy Computer Basics, My Windows 10 Computer for Seniors, My Facebook for Seniors, My Pinterest, and My Social Media for Seniors.
He is known for his casual, easy-to-read writing style and his practical, real-world advice—as well as his ability to explain a variety of complex topics to an everyday audience.
Learn more about Mr. Miller at his website, www.millerwriter.com. Follow him on Twitter @molehillgroup.
I. Understanding Computers
1. How Personal Computers Work
2. Setting Up and Using a Notebook Computer
3. Setting Up and Using a Desktop Computer
II. Using Windows
4. Getting to Know Windows 10 — for New Computer Users
5. Getting to Know Windows 10 — If You've Used Windows Before
6. Using Windows 10 on a Touchscreen Device
7. Working with Files, Folders, and Online Storage
8. Personalizing Windows
III. Setting Up the Rest of Your System
9. Connecting Other Devices to Your PC — and Your PC to Other Devices
10. Adding Storage and Backup
11. Setting Up a Home Network
IV. Using the Internet
12. Connecting to the Internet — at Home or Away
13. Browsing and Searching the Web
14. Shopping and Selling Online
V. Communicating Online
15. Sending and Receiving Email
16. Social Networking with Facebook and Other Social Media
17. Video Chatting with Friends and Family
VI. Working with Software Programs
18. Using Applications on the Desktop
19. Finding and Installing New Applications
VII. Doing Fun and Useful Stuff with your PC
20. Doing Office Work
21. Staying Organized
22. Viewing and Sharing Digital Photos
23. Watching Movies, TV Shows, and Other Videos
24. Playing Music
VIII. Keeping Your System Up and Running
25. Protecting Your PC from Computer Attacks, Malware, Spam, and More
26. Performing Preventive Maintenance and Dealing with Common Problems