Your order must be $59 or more to qualify for free economy shipping.
Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace items, eBooks and apparel do not qualify for this offer.
Get Rewarded for Ordering Your Textbooks!Enroll Now
Customer ReviewsRead Reviews
Write a Review
List Price: $177.53
We're Sorry. No Options Available at This Time.
Overview: The Haddock text features the successful author team Price et al. The author team based A Contemporary Approach on the solid foundation of the Price 12e textbook; however, in Haddock, the approach has been modified to fit the needs of a growing number of College Accounting instructors who teach the course without covering special journals. These instructors feel that special journals are an unnecessarily complicated subject for such a basic course. By eliminating special journal coverage, professors are free to focus on recording to the general journal and posting to the general ledger - the basic bookkeeping functions that are so important to accountants in the real world. Competing books have placed special journals in an appendix (Slater) or tried to separate special journal coverage from general journal coverage but retain both (McQuaig). Haddock is the only text on the market that eliminates special journal coverage completely (why make students pay for material they will not learn in the course?). With Haddock on the roster, instructor’s have a choice between a traditional approach that fully integrates special journals into the text in a succinct and logical way (Price 12e) or a contemporary approach that focuses on the basics and is more in keeping with where the course is headed in the future (Haddock 1e).
Table of Contents
1. Accounting: The Language of Business
2. Analyzing Business Transactions
3. Analyzing Business Transactions Using T Accounts
4. The General Journal and the General Ledger
5. Adjustments and the Worksheet
6. Closing Entries and the Postclosing Trial Balance
7. Accounting for Sales and Accounts Receivable, and Cash Receipts
8. Accounting for Purchases, Accounts Payable, and Cash Payments
10. Payroll Computations, Records, and Payment
11. Payroll Taxes, Deposits, and Reports
12. Accruals, Deferrals, and the Worksheet
13. Financial Statements and Closing Procedures
Appendix A: The Home Depot 2009 Financial Statements for the year ended January 31, 2010