Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- PhD. Vocational Education - Colorado State University, 1981; emphasis in Construction Management and Green Building Techniques.
- Masters Degree - Brigham Young University, 1972; emphasis in Construction Technology and Instructional Media.
- Bachelor of Science Degree - Brigham Young University, 1969; emphasis in Building Construction Technology.
1976 - PRESENT
- Brigham Young University, Construction Management
- Program Head 1983-1998. Had a major influence in the creation and development of the Construction Management Program at BYU from a relative unknown program to recognition as one of the strongest programs in the nation. Subjects Taught: Scheduling and Cost Control, Codes and Inspections, Administrative Practices in Construction, Electrical Systems, Advanced Construction Practices, HVAC Principles and Solar Design, and Construction Project Management.
- Owner and manager of Newitt Construction and Consulting, a sole proprietorship specializing in Construction Management Consulting.
- Awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award 2007 from the Associated Schools of Construction
- Author of Construction Scheduling - Principles and Practices, Prentice Hall, 2005.
- Has provided in-house training to over 200 companies on the basics of CPM Scheduling with software training on P3, SureTrak, or Microsoft Project.
- Awarded as the 2004 “Professor of the Year” by the Associated Schools of Construction
- Awarded as the 1999 “Professor of the Year” by the National Association of Home Builders.
- Awarded as the 1992 “National Professor of the Year” by the Associated Builders & Contractors.
- President of the Associated Schools of Construction 1990-91 (54 Universities, 406 Faculty)
- Regional Director, Region VI of the Associated Schools of Construction.
- Faculty Member of the National Associated Builders & Contractors Supervisors and Project Managers Academies at Clemson, S.C.
- National Board of Directors for Associated Schools of Construction.
- Featured speaker at a multitude of workshops dealing with CPM & PERT Network Scheduling Techniques, Cost Control, Construction Management, Affordability in Housing, Energy Efficient Construction Techniques, Passive Solar Construction, Payback Analysis, and Optimum Value Engineering.
- Member of the following professional organizations: ABC, ACCE, AIC, AGC, & NAHB
- Has made over 160 professional presentations at National Seminars and Workshops for Associated Builders and Contractors, Associated General Contractors, The National Center for Construction Education and Research, and The National Association of Home Builders.
RESEARCH AND PUBLICATIONS
- Area of research deals with topics relating to construction management with emphasis on training managers in scheduling and project management techniques.
Table of Contents
|Overview of Project Management Basics|
|Checklists, Daily To-Do Lists, & Magnetic Scheduling Boards|
|Bar Chart Schedules|
|Introduction to CPM Scheduling|
|Creating the Network Logic Diagram|
|Calculating Start & Finish Dates|
|Calculating Total, Shared, Free, Independent Float, and Negative Float|
|Using Lags In Network Logic Diagrams|
|Reviewing and Analyzing the Schedule|
|Creating Bar Charts and Tabular Reports from Network Logic Diagrams|
|Linear or Line-of-Balance Schedules|
|Updating the Schedule|
|Using the Schedule to Forecast and Balance Resources|
|Cost Schedule Control System Criteria (C/SCSC)|
|Creating Teamwork and to Getting Subcontractors to Conform to the Schedule|
|Other Scheduling Techniques|
|Introduction to Computerized CPM Scheduling|
|Managing Projects Using Primavera Project Planner (P3)|
|Managing Projects Using SureTrak|
|Managing Projects Using Microsoft Project|
|Managing Projects Using P6 Project Manager or Contractor|
|Table of Contents provided by Publisher. All Rights Reserved.|