Criminological Theory: A Brief Introduction, Third Edition, offers an accessible discussion of the major theories of crime, delinquency, social deviance, and social control with an objective and neutral approach. The text provides students with an understanding of not only what the central tenets are of criminological theories but also focuses on providing real-life examples and implications for criminal justice policy and practice.
1. Theoretical Criminology: An Introductory Overview
2. Classical Theory in Criminology.
3. Biological Theories of Crime
4. Psychological Theories of Crime
5. The Social Ecology of Crime
6. Learning and Cultural Transmission Theories of Crime
7. Strain Theories of Crime.
8. Control Theories of Crime
9. Theories of Social Conflict
10. Evaluating and Integrating Theory