Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Turn the latest research into improved patient outcomes with the #1 annual guide to internal medicine and clinical practice
Written by clinicians renowned in their respective fields, CMDT offers the most current insight into symptoms, signs, epidemiology, diagnosis, and treatment for more than 1,000 diseases and disorders. You'll find concise, evidence-based answers to questions about hospital and ambulatory problems. This streamlined clinical companion is the fastest and easiest way to keep abreast of the latest diagnostic advances, prevention strategies, and cost-effective treatments.
Features and content critical to clinical practice:
- Strong emphasis on the practical aspects of clinical diagnosis and patient management throughout the broad fields of internal medicine
- Full review of internal medicine and primary care topics, including gynecology and obstetrics, dermatology, neurology, ophthalmology, geriatrics, and palliative care
- The only text with an annual review of advances in HIV treatment
- Specific disease prevention information
- Hundreds of medication treatment tables, with indexed trade names and updated prices – plus helpful diagnostic and treatment algorithms
- Recent references with PMID numbers
- Many full-color photographs and illustrations
NEW TO THIS EDITION:
- Update on the evaluation of chest pain
- New algorithms for the treatment of heart failure and NSTEMI
- New sections on pulmonary hypertension; treatment of pleural mesothelioma; diagnosis and treatment of subacute, postpartum, and silent thyroiditis and amiodarone- and iodine-induced thyrotoxicosis; and treatment of cryoglobulinemic vasculitis
- New tables on preferred initial antiretroviral regimen and fixed dose antiretroviral combinations for HIV infection, and on medications for management of diabetes
- Updated tables on cancer chemotherapeutic and supportive care agents