Questions About This Book?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
Each year the International Leadership Association publishes a book that captures the best contemporary thinking about leadership from a diverse range of scholars, practitioners, and educators working in the field of leadership studies. In keeping with the mission of the ILA, the International Leadership Series Building Leadership Bridges connects ways of researching, imagining, and experiencing leadership across cultures, over time, and around the world.
Table of Contents
List of Contributors
Introduction (Lois Ruskai Melina)
Part One: Leadership Thresholds (Gloria J. Burgess)
1. The Anatomy of Leadership(Stephanie Guastella Lindsay)
2. Dramatic Leadership: Dorothy Heathcote’s Autopoietic, or Embodied Leadership Model (Kate Katafiasz)
3. Leadership in the Time of Liminality: A Framework for Leadership in an Era of Deep Transformation (David Holzmer)
4. Seeking Alignment in the World Body: The Art of Embodiment (Skye Burn)
Part Two: Leaders Are Their Bodies (Lena Lid Falkman)
5. (De/Re)Constructing Leading Bodies: Developing Critical Attitudes and Somaesthetic Practices (Maylon Hanold)
6. Dollmaking as an Expression of Women’s Leadership (Kimberly Yost)
7. Leadership Embodiment and Resistance: The Complex Journey of Latin American Pentecostal Women Pastors (Nora Méndez and Fernando Mora)
8. Michelle Obama´s Embodied Authentic Leadership: Leading by Lifestyle (Elizabeth D. Wilhoit)
Part Three: Leadership By and Through the Body (Antonio Marturano)
9. Shall I Lead Now? Learner Experiences of Leader–Follower Relationships through Engagement with the Dance (Julie Burge, Ray Batchelor, and Lionel Cox)
10. Embodied Learning Experience in Leadership Development (Perttu Salovaara and Arja Ropo)
11. Professionals Are Their Bodies: The Language of the Body as Sounding Board in Leadership and Professional Communication (Helle Winther)
12. From the Ground Up: Revisioning Sources and Methods of Leadership Development (Kathryn Goldman Schuyler)