What is included with this book?
Howard Frumkin, MD, DrPH, is director of the National Center for Environmental Health and the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry at the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Formerly he was professor and chair of the Department of Environmental and Occupational Health at the Rollins School of Public Health of Emory University and professor of medicine at Emory Medical School in Atlanta.
PART ONE: METHODS AND PARADIGMS.
1. Ecology and Human Health (Bruce Wilcox and Holly Jessop).
2. Toxicology (Jason R. Richardson and Gary W. Miller).
3. Environmental and Occupational Epidemiology (Kyle Steenland and Christine Moe).
4. Exposure Assessment, Industrial Hygiene, and Environmental Management (P. Barry Ryan).
5. Environmental Psychology (Daniel Stokols and Chip Clitheroe).
6. Genetics and Environmental Health (Samuel H. Wilson and William A. Suk).
7. Environmental Health Ethics (Andrew Jameton).
8. Environmental Justice (Charles Lee).
PART TWO: ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH ON THE GLOBAL SCALE.
9. Population Pressure (Don Hinrichsen).
10. Climate Change (Jonathan A. Patz).
11. Developing Nations (Jerome Nriagu, Jaymie Meliker, and Markey Johnson).
PART THREE: ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH ON THE REGIONAL SCALE.
12. Air Pollution (Michelle L. Bell and Jonathan M. Samet).
13. Energy Production (Jeremy J. Hess).
14. Healthy Cities (Sarah K. Heaton, John M. Balbus, James W. Keck, and Andrew L. Dannenberg).
15. Water and Health (Timothy Ford).
PART FOUR: ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH ON THE LOCAL SCALE.
16. Solid and Hazardous Waste (Sven Rodenbeck, Kenneth Orloff, and Henry Falk).
17. Pest Control and Pesticides (Mark G. Robson, George C. Hamilton, and Wattasit Siriwong).
18. Food Safety (David McSwane).
19. Healthy Buildings (Howard Frumkin).
20. Workplace Health and Safety (Melissa Perry and Howard Hu).
21. Radiation (Arthur C. Upton).
22. Injuries (Jeremy J. Hess and Junaid A. Razzak).
23. Disaster Preparedness (Mark E. Keim).
24. Nature Contact: A Health Benefit (Howard Frumkin)?
25. Children (Maida P. Galvez, Joel Forman, and Philip J. Landrigan).
PART FIVE: THE PRACTICE OF ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH.
26. Practicing Prevention in Environmental Health (Lynn R. Goldman).
27. Environmental Health Practice (Sarah Kotchian and Robert J. Laumbach).
28. Geographic Information Systems (Lance A. Waller).
29. Risk Assessment (Scott Bartell).
30. Environmental Health Policy (A. Stanley Meiburg).
31. Risk Communication (Vincent T. Covello).
32. Legal Remedies (Douglas A. Henderson).