from Private Sellers
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to inclue any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Table of Contents
Preface to the Third Edition
Preface to the First Edition
1. Epidemiology Past and Present
2. Causal Concepts
3. Epidemiologic Measures
4. Descriptive Epidemiology
5. Introduction to Epidemiologic Study Design
6. Experimental studies
7. Observational cohort studies
8. Case control studies
9. Error in Epidemiologic Research
10. Screening for disease
11. The Infectious Disease Process
12. Outbreak Investigation
13. Confidence Intervals and p Values
14. Mantel–Haenszel Methods
15. Statistical Interaction: Effect Measure Modification
16. Case Definitions and Disease Classification
17. Survival Analysis
18. Current Life Tables
19. Random Distribution of Cases in Time and Space
Answers to Exercises and Review Questions
Appendix 1. 95% Confidence Limits for Poisson Counts
Appendix 2. Tail Areas in the Standard Normal (Z) Distribution: Double There Areas for Two-Sided p Values
Appendix 3. Right-Tail Areas in Chi-Square Distributions
Appendix 4. Case Study—Cigarette Smoking and Lung Cancer
Appendix 5. Case Study—Tampons and Toxic Shock Syndrome