The fifth edition of this leading “essentials” textbook on corrections has been fully revised and updated to include new international comparative data, and a fresh chapter on prison inmates with special needs. Unrivalled in scope, it offers undergraduates a concise but comprehensive introduction to the subject.
- Includes textual materials and assignments formulated to encourage students’ critical thinking skills
- Chapters feature text boxes on key points of correctional theory and on international correctional practice
- Presented in full color throughout — including extensive photos and graphics
- Includes stand-alone chapters on careers in corrections, gender and ethnicity issues, and likely future developments in corrections
- Features invaluable historical context on the evolution of correctional theory and practice
- Offers a new, comprehensive online Student Study Guide and thoroughly updated and expanded ancillary materials