Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Focusing on the topics that leading database practitioners say are most important, Essentials of Database Management presents a concise overview designed to ensure practical success for database professionals.
Built upon the strong foundation of Modern Database Management, currently in its eleventh edition, the new Essentials of Database Management is ideal for a less-detailed approach. Like its comprehensive counterpart, it guides readers into the future by presenting research that could reveal the “next big thing” in database management. And it features up-to-date coverage in the areas undergoing rapid change due to improved managerial practices, database design tools and methodologies, and database technology.
Table of Contents
1. The Database Environment and Development Process
PART II. DATABASE ANALYSIS
2. Modeling Data in the Organization
3. The Enhanced E-R Model
PART III. DATABASE DESIGN
4. Logical Database Design and the Relational Model
5. Physical Database Design and Performance
PART IV. IMPLEMENTATION
6. Introduction to SQL
7. Advanced SQL
8. Database Application Development
9. Data Warehousing
Glossary of Acronyms
Glossary of Terms