Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Table of Contents
1. Overview of Computers and Nursing by Virginia K. Saba, Kathleen A. McCormick, M. Kathleen Smith, Gail Latimer, Diane J. Skiba & Susan K. Newbold
2. Historical Perspective of Nursing Informatics by Virginia K. Saba & Bonnie L. Westra
3. Electronic Health Record from a Historical Perspective by Patricia B. Wise
II. COMPUTER SYSTEMS
4. Computer System Basics by Mary L. McHugh
5. Systems Life Cycle: Planning and Analysis by M. Kathleen Smith & Denise D. Tyler
6. System Life Cycle: Implementation by Marina Douglas and Marina Celli
7. Healthcare Project Management by Judy Murphy & Patricia C. Dykes
8. Human Factors by Gregory L. Alexander
9. Open Source and Free Software by Peter J. Murray & W. Scott Erdley
10. Mobil Computing Platforms by Kathleen G. Charters & Thomasine D. Guberski
III. INFORMATICS THEORY
11. The Practice Speciality of Nursing Informatics by Kathleen M. Hunter & Carol J. Bickford
12. Advanced Terminological Approaches in Nursing by Nichols R. Hardiker, Suzanne Bakken & Tae Youn Kim
13. Nursing Minimum Data Set Systems by Connie White Delaney & Bonnie Westra
14. Overview of the Clinical Care Classification System: A National Nursing Standard Coded Terminology by Virginia K. Saba, Jacqueline Moss & Luann Whittenburg
IV. CURRENT ISSUES IN INFORMATICS
15. Health Data Standards: Development, Harmonization, and Interoperability by Joyce Sensmeier
16. Nursing Informatics and Healthcare Policy by Judy Murphy and Elizabeth Johnson
17. Trustworthy Systems for Safe and Private Healthcare by Dixie B. Baker
18. Shaping Nursing Informatics through the Public Policy Process by Amy M. Walker
19. Home Health: The Missing Ingredient in Healthcare Reform by Charlotte A. Weaver & Jennifer V. Moore
V. CONTINUUM OF CARE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SYSTEMS
20. Computerized Provider Order Entry by Emily B. Barey
21. Electronic Health Record Vendor Applications by Ann Patricia Farrell & Sheryl L. Taylor
22. The Rold of Technology in the Medication-Use Process by Matthew C. Grissinger & Michelle Mandrack
23. Planning, Design, and Implementation of Information Technology in Complex Healthcare Systems by Thomas R. Clancy
24. The Integration of Complex Systems Theory into Six Sigma Methods of Performance Improvement: A Case Study by Thomas R. Clancy
25. Workflow and Healthcare Process Management by Mical DeBrow & Cynthia M. Mascara
26. Translation of Evidence into Nursing Practice by Lynn McQueen, Heather Carter-Templeton and Kathleen A. McCormick
27. Evidence-Based Practice by Joanne M. Seasholtz & Bernadette Melnyk
28. Incorporating Evidence: Use of Comptuer-Based Clinical Decision Support Systems for Health Professionals by Ida M. Androwich & Margaret Ross Kraft
29. The Magnet Model by Andrea Schmid-Mazzoccoli
30. Internet Tools for Patient Care in Advanced Practice by Mary Ann Lavin, Laketa Entzminger & Mary Lee Barron
31. IT for the Rural Healthcare Market by Susan H. Lundquist & Cathy Delmain
32. Ambulatory Care Information Systems by Susan K. Newbold
33. Overview of Post Acute Services by Susan J. Quinn
34. Public Health Practice Applications by Judy D. Gibson, Janise Richards, Arunkumar Srinivasan & Derryl E. Block
35. Informatics Solutions for Emergency Planning and Response by Elizabeth Weiner & Capt. Lynn A. Slepski
VI. EDUCATIONAL APPLICATIONS
36. Web 2.0 and its Impact on Healthcare Education and Practice by Diane J. Skiba, Paul D. Guillory & Kay Lynn Olmsted
37. Initiation and Management of Accessible, Effective Online Learning by Patricia E. Allen, Khadija Bakrim, Darlene Lacy, Enola Boyd & Myrna L. Armstrong
38. Innovations in e-Health by Marilyn M. Nielsen & Amy J. Barton
39. Consumer and Patient Use of Computers for Health by Rita D. Zielstorff & Barbara B. Frink
40. Nursing Curriculum Reform and Healthcare Information Technology by Eun-Shim Nahm & Marisa L. Wilson
41. A Paradigm Shift in Simulation: Experiential Learning in Second Life by Judith J. Warren, Helen R. Connors & Patricia A. Trangenstein
42. The TIGER Initiative by Michelle R. Troseth
VII. RESEARCH APPLICATIONS
43. Computer Use in Nursing Research by Veronica D. Feeg & Theresa A. Rienzo
44. Information Literacy and Computerized Information Resources by Diane S. Pravikoff, June Levy & Annelle Tanner
VIII. INTERNATIONAL PERSPECTIVES
45. Nursing Informatics in Canada by Lynn M. Nagle, Kathryn J. Hannah & Nora Hammell
46. Nursing Informatics in Europe by Kaija Saranto, Virpi Jylha & Kaarina Tanttu
47. Pacific Rim Perspectives by Evelyn J.S. Hovenga, Michelle Honey, Lucy A. Westbrooke & Robyn Carr
48. Asian Perspectives by Hyeoun-Ae Park
49. Nursing Informatics in South America by Heimar F. Marin
50. Nursing Informatics in South Africa by Irene van Middelkoop & Susan Meyer
IX. THE FUTURE OF INFORMATICS
51. Future Directions by Kathleen A. McCormick