Written Primarily for undergraduates in CIS and MIS programs. This briefer text is particularly appropriate for SAD courses where a streamlined approach is necessary due to lab assignments, projects, contact time, and/or outside reading requirements.
I. FOUNDATIONS FOR SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT.
1. The Systems Development Environment.
2. Managing the Information Systems Project.
II. SYSTEMS PLANNING AND SELECTION.
3. Systems Planning and Selection.
III. SYSTEMS ANALYSIS.
4. Determining System Requirements.
5. Structuring System Requirements: Process Modeling.
6. Structuring System Requirements: Conceptual Data Modeling.
7. Selecting the Best Alternative Design Strategy.
IV. SYSTEMS DESIGN.
8. Designing the Human Interface.
9. Designing Databases.
V. SYSTEMS IMPLEMENTATION AND OPERATION.
10. Systems Implementation and Operation.
Appendix A: Object-Oriented Analysis and Design.
Appendix B: Rapid Application Development and CASE Tools.
Glossary of Acronyms.
Glossary of Terms.