Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Fashion Retailing Issues and Strategies presents case studies of nine US fashion and luxury retailers that analyze the ways in which successful retailers use key methods and strategies to set themselves apart in an increasingly competitive environment. The text provides an overview of current trends in retailing, including the growth of nonstore retailing, the importance of private labels, and corporate social responsibility. Each case study presents a condensed history, business description, and relevant financial statements, graphs, and/or photos. Chapters follow a multidisciplinary framework studying these issues and retailers: listening to and understanding the consumer (Apple), branding in multi-channel retailing (J. Crew), merchandising (Bergdorf Goodman), finance as a platform for success (Amazon), technology (Gilt Groupe), supply chain management (Target), the modern retail store (Tory Burch), expansion into international markets (Coach), and sustainability in the retail arena (Patagonia). Following the case studies are analyses of the chapter themes blending the practical with the theoretical and scaffolding students as they begin to master the concepts. The discussion following each case study supplements the treatment of the topic with thumbnail comparisons of competitors and their approach to the same issue. Ultimately, readers will learn to extend discussions of strategies in case studies to other retailers and develop critical thinking skills.
Table of Contents
2. Listening to and Understanding the Consumer, Case Study: Apple
3. The Art of Integrated Branding in Multi-Channel Retailing, Case Study: J. Crew
4. Merchandising is the Lifeblood of Retail, Case Study: Bergdorf Goodman
5. Finance as a Platform for Success, Case Study: Amazon
6. Technology is Moving Retail Forward, Case Study: Gilt Groupe
7. Supply Chain Management Can Create a Competitive Advantage, Case Study: Target
8. Creating the Modern Retail Store, Case Study: Tory Burch
9. Successful Expansion into International Markets, Case Study: Coach
10. Sustainability in the Retail Arena, Case Study: Patagonia