Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to inclue any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
The good news is that anxiety, guilt, pessimism, procrastination, low self-esteem, and other "black holes" of depression can be cured without drugs. In Feeling Good, eminent psychiatrist, David D. Burns, M.D., outlines the remarkable, scientifically proven techniques that will immediately lift your spirits and help you develop a positive outlook on life.
Now, in this updated edition, Dr. Burns adds an All-New Consumer's Guide To Anti-depressant Drugs as well as a new introduction to help answer your questions about the many options available for treating depression.
- Recognize what causes your mood swings
- Nip negative feelings in the bud
- Deal with guilt
- Handle hostility and criticism
- Overcome addiction to love and approval
- Build self-esteem
- Feel good everyday
Table of Contents
|Theory And Research||p. 7|
|A Breakthrough in the Treatment of Mood Disorders||p. 9|
|How to Diagnose Your Moods: The First Step in the Cure||p. 19|
|Understanding Your Moods: You Feel the Way You Think||p. 28|
|Practical Applications||p. 51|
|Start by Building Self-Esteem||p. 53|
|Do-Nothingism: How to Beat It||p. 81|
|Verbal Judo: Learn to Talk Back When You're Under the Fire of Criticism||p. 131|
|Feeling Angry? What's Your IQ?||p. 149|
|Ways of Defeating Guilt||p. 198|
|"Realistic" Depressions||p. 229|
|Sadness Is Not Depression||p. 231|
|Prevention and Personal Growth||p. 259|
|The Cause of It All||p. 261|
|The Approval Addiction||p. 290|
|The Love Addiction||p. 311|
|Your Work Is Not Your Worth||p. 327|
|Dare to Be Averagel Ways to Overcome Perfectionism||p. 352|
|Defeating Hopelessness And Suicide||p. 381|
|The Ultimate Victory: Choosing to Live||p. 383|
|Coping With The Stresses And Strains Of Daily Living||p. 407|
|How I Practice What I Preach||p. 409|
|The Chemistry Of Mood||p. 425|
|The Search for "Black Bile"||p. 427|
|The Mind-Body Problem||p. 455|
|What You Need to Know about Commonly Prescribed Anti-depressants||p. 474|
|The Complete Consumer's Guide to Antidepressant Drug Therapy||p. 513|
|Notes and References (Chapters 17 to 20)||p. 682|
|Suggested Resources||p. 688|
|Table of Contents provided by Syndetics. All Rights Reserved.|