Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Table of Contents
Preparing for the PRAXIS: Your Guide to Licensure.
I. TEACHING FROM THE INSIDE OUT.
1. A Teacher's Role.
2. Challenges Teachers and Schools Face.
3. The Richness of Classroom Cultures.
II. OUR EDUCATIONAL HERITAGE.
4. Education in America: The Early Years.
5. Education in America: Then and Now.
6. Why Teachers Behave as They Do.
III. EDUCATION FROM THE OUTSIDE IN.
7. Where Teachers Work: Schools.
8. Leading, Governing, and Funding Schools.
9. The Influence of Law.
IV. HELPING STUDENTS SUCCEED.
10. Curriculum and Instruction.
11. Recognizing Educational Success: Standards and Assessment.
V. A CONNECTED FUTURE
12. A Global Educational Context.
13. What Lies Ahead.