Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Table of Contents
1. Whole Numbers
1.1 Standard Notation
1.6 Rounding and Estimating; Order
1.7 Solving Equations
1.8 Applications and Problem Solving
1.9 Exponential Notation and Order of Operations
2. Fraction Notation: Multiplication and Division
2.3 Fractions and Fraction Notation
2.4 Multiplication and Applications
2.6 Multiplying, Simplifying, and Applications
2.7 Division and Applications
3. Fraction Notation and Mixed Numerals
3.1 Least Common Multiples
3.2 Addition and Applications
3.3 Subtraction, Order, and Applications
3.4 Mixed Numerals
3.5 Addition and Subtraction Using Mixed Numerals; Applications
3.6 Multiplication and Division Using Mixed Numerals; Applications
3.7 Order of Operations; Estimation
4. Decimal Notation
4.1 Decimal Notation, Order, and Rounding
4.2 Addition and Subtraction
4.5 Converting from Fraction Notation to Decimal Notation
4.7 Applications and Problem Solving
5. Ratio and Proportion
5.1 Introduction to Ratios
5.2 Rates and Unit Prices
5.4 Applications of Proportions
5.5 Geometric Applications
6. Percent Notation
6.1 Percent Notation
6.2 Percent and Fraction Notation
6.3 Solving Percent Problems Using Percent Equations
6.4 Solving Percent Problems Using Proportions
6.5 Applications of Percent
6.6 Sales Tax, Commission, and Discount
6.7 Simple and Compound Interest; Credit Cards