Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
Intended primarily for undergraduate college/university courses in investments, this text also provides practical content to current and aspiring industry professionals.
Fundamentals of Investing helps readers make informed investment decisions in their personal and professional lives by providing a solid foundation of core concepts and tools. Smart/Gitman/Joehnk use practical, hands-on applications to introduce the topics and techniques used by both personal investors and money managers. The authors integrate a consistent framework based on learning goals to keep readers focused on what is most important in each chapter. Readers will gain the necessary information for developing, implementing, and monitoring a successful investment program.
Fundamentals of Investing, 12e, Plus NEW MyFinanceLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package consists of:
- 0133075354 / 9780133075359 Fundamentals of Investing, 12e,
- 0133079023 / 9780133079029 NEW MyFinanceLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Fundamentals of Investing, 12e,
Table of Contents
I. PREPARING TO INVEST
1. The Investment Environment
2. Securities Markets and Transactions
3. Investment Information and Securities Transactions
II. IMPORTANT CONCEPTUAL TOOLS
4. Return and Risk
4A. The Time Value of Money
5. Modern Portfolio Concepts
III. INVESTING IN COMMON STOCKS
6. Common Stocks
7. Analyzing Common Stocks
8. Stock Valuation
9. Market Efficiency and Behavioral Finance
IV. INVESTING IN FIXED-INCOME SECURITIES
10. Fixed-Income Securities
11. Bond Valuation
V. PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT
12. Mutual Funds and Exchange-Traded Funds
13. Managing Your Own Portfolio
VI. DERIVATIVE SECURITIES
14. Options: Puts and Calls
15. Commodities and Financial Futures
16. Investing in Preferred Stocks
17. Tax-Advantaged Investments
18. Real Estate and Other Tangible Investments