In The Gendered Society Reader, Sixth Edition, coeditors Michael Kimmel and Amy Aronson pull together an array of dynamic voices--both male and female, classic and contemporary--to examine various interpretations of gender. These lively, in-depth readings explore gender discourse over a wide range of disciplines, focusing primarily on two central issues: difference and domination. Carefully balanced to reflect the diversity of its subject, this text addresses provocative and fundamental questions including:
* How are males and females different?
* What do these differences mean?
* How to various cultures and religions interpret gender?
* Why do societies continue to differentiate people on the basis of gender?
* Why is it that almost every known society is based on male domination?
Thoroughly updated with rich and timely material, the sixth edition is the perfect complement to Michael Kimmel's textbook, The Gendered Society, Sixth Edition (OUP, 2016).