Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Table of Contents
Unit I: Foundations of Nursing Practice
1. Principles of Gerontology
2. Gerontological Nursing Issues
3. Principles of Geriatrics
Unit II: Challenges of Aging and the Cornerstones of Excellence in Nursing Care
4. Cultural Diversity
5. Nutrition and Aging
6. Pharmacology and Older Adults
7. Psychological and Cognitive Function
8. Sleep and the Older Adult
9. Pain Management
10. Violence and Elder Mistreatment
11. Care of the Dying
Unit III: Physiological Basis of Practice
12. The Integument
13. The Mouth and Oral Cavity
14. Sensation: Hearing, Vision, Taste, Touch, and Smell
15. The Cardiovascular System
16. The Respiratory System
17. The Genitourinary and Renal Systems
18. The Musculoskeletal System
19. The Endocrine System
20. The Gastrointestinal System
21. The Hematologic System
22. The Neurologic System
23. The Immune System
24. Multisystem Problems: Caring for Frail Elders with Comorbidities
Appendix A: NANDA-Approved Nursing Diagnosis
Appendix B: Answers to Critical Thinking Questions