Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
The first internationally focused book on gestalt therapy to provide a comprehensive overview of current practice around the world.
- Features coverage of the history, training, theoretical contributions, and research initiatives relating to gestalt therapy in seventeen countries
- Points to future directions and challenges
- Includes extensive information on worldwide gestalt associations, institutes, and professional societies that promote the development of the approach
During her career, Professor Eleanor O’Leary has authored a number of innovative books including New Approaches to Integration in Psychotherapy in 2006. The outcome of her research has also been published in a number of leading academic journals. She was Professor and Head of the Department of Applied Psychology, University College Cork, Ireland and Visiting Professor at Stanford University, USA. She is currently a Visiting Professor at the University of Malaga, Spain. She is also accreditations officer of the European Institute of Integrative Psychotherapy, and Honorary Life Chairperson of the Irish Gestalt Society. A practicing psychotherapist and supervisor, Professor O’Leary is also a Fellow of the Psychological Society of Ireland and in 2000 received its Special Award for Outstanding Contribution to Psychology. Her varied career has given her a unique insight into the development and application of gestalt therapy.
Table of Contents
Part One: Gestalt Therapy: Its Beginning, Theory, and Techniques 1
1 Fritz Perls and Gestalt Therapy: The Beginnings 3
2 Key Concepts of Gestalt Therapy and Processing 15
3 Dialogue and Contact 37
4 Techniques, Experiments, and Dreams 61
Part Two: Gestalt Therapy Around the World 93
5 Gestalt Therapy in Austria 95
6 Gestalt Therapy in Britain 113
7 History of Gestalt Therapy in Denmark 127
Jan Tønnesvang, Mikael Sonne, and James Hammink
8 Gestalt Therapy in Finland 135
9 Dawn of Gestalt Therapy in France 141
10 Gestalt Therapy in Germany 151
11 Gestalt Therapy in Greece 165
Despina Balliou, Katia Hatzilakou, Antonia Konstantinidou, and YiannaYiamarelou
12 Gestalt Therapy in the Republic of Ireland 177
13 Gestalt Therapy in Italy 195
Margherita Spagnuolo Lobb
The Middle East 211
14 Gestalt Therapy in Israel 213
Nurith Levi and Shraga Serok
15 Gestalt Therapy in Japan 221
16 Gestalt Therapy in Australia 235
17 Gestalt Development in New Zealand: An Antipodean Approach 251
The Americas 265
18 Gestalt Therapy in the Province of Quebec, Canada: From its Flourishing Days to its Phase of Questioning and its Perspective of Challenges for the Future 267
19 Gestalt Therapy in the United States of America 289
20 Gestalt Therapy in Argentina 305
Myriam Sas Guiter
21 Gestalt Therapy in Chile 317
Part Three: Reviewing the Past and Moving Onwards 325
22 The Present and Future of International Gestalt Therapy 327
Appendix 1. Worldwide Gestalt Associations, Institutes, and Professional Societies 335