More New and Used
from Private Sellers
Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
Renting is easy, fast, and cheap! Renting from eCampus.com can save you hundreds of dollars compared to the cost of new or used books each semester. At the end of the semester, simply ship the book back to us with a free UPS shipping label! No need to worry about selling it back.
How do rental returns work?
Returning books is as easy as possible. As your rental due date approaches, we will email you several courtesy reminders. When you are ready to return, you can print a free UPS shipping label from our website at any time. Then, just return the book to your UPS driver or any staffed UPS location. You can even use the same box we shipped it in!
What version or edition is this?
This is the 4th edition with a publication date of 1/1/2002.
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
New selections in the Fourth Edition of
The Global Experience: Readings in World History, Volume I
- The Egyptian Creation Story: "The Creation According to Ra"
- The Babylonian Code of Hammurabi
- Homer, The Iliad
- Pure Land Scripture, Sukhavativyuha
- Thucydied on Peloponnesian War and the Plague
- Plutarch, "Lycurgus," on the Spartan Way of Life
- St. Augustine of Hippo, The Just War
- Paulus Orosius, History Against the Pagans
- Law Codes of the Salian Franks
- Idn Fadlan's Accounts of Vikings in Early Russia
- Michael Psellus, Chronographia, "Empress Zoe"
- Murasaki Skikibu, The Tale of Genji
- Charles Borromeo, Instructions to Confessors Bernardino de Sahagun, Aztec Festival and the Conquest
- An Aztec Account of the Conquest of Mexico: The Broken Spears
- Pope Paul III, "Indians are Men," 1537
Table of Contents
|Global Conceptions of the Cosmos and Creation|
|The Egyptian Creation Story: “""The Creation According to Ra.”|
|The Hebrew Creation Story: Genesis|
|A Japanese Creation Story: Nihongi|
|A Hindu Creation Story: Rig Veda|
|A Sumerian Heroic Legend|
|The Epic of Gilgamesh|
|Law in the Ancient Near East: Babylonian, Hittite and Hebrew|
|The Babylonian Code of Hammurabi|
|Hebrew Laws and Their Covenant|
|Table of Contents provided by Publisher. All Rights Reserved.|