More New and Used
from Private Sellers
In Stock Usually Ships in 24 Hours.
Starting at $0.01
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
This is the 4th edition with a publication date of 1/1/2002.
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
New selections in the Fourth Edition of
The Global Experience: Readings in World History, Volume I
- The Egyptian Creation Story: "The Creation According to Ra"
- The Babylonian Code of Hammurabi
- Homer, The Iliad
- Pure Land Scripture, Sukhavativyuha
- Thucydied on Peloponnesian War and the Plague
- Plutarch, "Lycurgus," on the Spartan Way of Life
- St. Augustine of Hippo, The Just War
- Paulus Orosius, History Against the Pagans
- Law Codes of the Salian Franks
- Idn Fadlan's Accounts of Vikings in Early Russia
- Michael Psellus, Chronographia, "Empress Zoe"
- Murasaki Skikibu, The Tale of Genji
- Charles Borromeo, Instructions to Confessors Bernardino de Sahagun, Aztec Festival and the Conquest
- An Aztec Account of the Conquest of Mexico: The Broken Spears
- Pope Paul III, "Indians are Men," 1537
Table of Contents
|Global Conceptions of the Cosmos and Creation|
|The Egyptian Creation Story: “""The Creation According to Ra.”|
|The Hebrew Creation Story: Genesis|
|A Japanese Creation Story: Nihongi|
|A Hindu Creation Story: Rig Veda|
|A Sumerian Heroic Legend|
|The Epic of Gilgamesh|
|Law in the Ancient Near East: Babylonian, Hittite and Hebrew|
|The Babylonian Code of Hammurabi|
|Hebrew Laws and Their Covenant|
|Table of Contents provided by Publisher. All Rights Reserved.|