Your order must be $59 or more to qualify for free economy shipping.
Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace items, eBooks and apparel do not qualify for this offer.
Get Rewarded for Ordering Your Textbooks!Enroll Now
Customer ReviewsRead Reviews
Write a Review
List Price: $139.00
The leading pharmacology reference since 1941Throughout its 60 year history, Goodman & Gilman's careful balance of basic science and clinical application has guided practitioners to a clear understanding of the drugs most useful in preventing, diagnosing and treating disease. It details how and why drugs affect different body systems, the chemical properties of drugs, dosage information, drug interactions and toxic effects.Well organised, extensively indexed, rigorously peer reviewed and referenced to the most up-to-date literature in the field, Goodman & Gilman's is the definitive resource on therapeutics. It provides coverage of the general principles of pharmacology, including pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics, the principles of therapeutics, and the principles of toxicology and gene based therapy.
Table of Contents
Section I: General Principles.
1. Pharmacokinetics: The Dynamics of Drug Absorption, Distribution, and Elimination.
2. Pharmacodynamics: Mechanisms of Drug Action and the Relationship Between Drug Concentration and Effect.
3. Principles of Therapeutics.
4. Principles of Toxicology and Treatment of Poisoning.
5. Gene-Based Therapy.
Section II: Drugs Acting at Synaptic and Neuroeffector Junctional Sites.
6. Neurotransmission: The Autonomic and Somatic Motor Nervous Systems.
7. Muscarinic Receptor Agonists and Antagonists.
8. Anticholinesterase Agents.
9. Agents Acting at the Neuromuscular Junction and Autonomic Ganglia.
10. Catecholamines, Sympathomimetic Drugs, and Adrenergic Receptor Antagonists.
11. 5-Hydroxtryptamine (Serotonin) Receptor Agonists and Antagonists.
Section III: Drugs Acting on the Central Nervous System.
12. Neurotransmission and the Central Nervous System.
13. History and Principles of Anesthesiology.
14. General Anesthetics.
15. Local Anesthetics.
16. Therapeutic Gases.
17. Hypnotics and Sedatives.
19. Drugs and the Treatment of Psychiatric Disorders: Depression and Anxiety.
20. Drugs and the Treatment of Psychiatric Disorders: Psychosis and Mania.
21. Drugs Effective in the Therapy of the Epilepsies.
22. Treatment of the Central Nervous System Degenerative Disorders.
23. Opioid Analgesics and Antagonists.
24. Drug Addiction and Drug Abuse.
Section IV: Autacoids; Drug Therapy of Inflammation.
25. Histamine, Bradykinin, and Their Antagonists.
26. Lipid-Derived Autacoids: Eicosanoids and Platelet-Activating Factor.
27. Analgesic-Antipyretic and Antiinflammatory Agents and Drugs Employed in the Treatment of Gout.
28. Drugs Used in the Treatment of Asthma.
Section V: Drugs Affecting Renal and Cardiovascular Function.
30. Vasopressin and Other Agents Affecting the Renal Conservation of Water.
31. Renin and Angiotensin.
32. Drugs Used for the Treatment of Myocardial Ischemia.
33. Antihypertensive Agents and the Drug Therapy of Hypertension.
34. Pharmacological Treatment of Heart Failure.
35. Antiarrhythmic Drugs.
36. Drugs Used in the Treatment of Hyperlipoproteinemias.