Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Kristina Milnor is Professor and Chair of Classics and Ancient Studies at Barnard College where she has taught since 1998. She is the author of Gender, Domesticity, and the Age of Augustus: Inventing Private Life (OUP, 2005), which won the 2006 Goodwin Award of Merit from the American Philological Association.
Table of Contents
List of Plates
List of Illustrations
1. Landscape and Literature in the Roman City
2. Poetic Politics, Political Poetics
3. Authorship, Appropriation, Authenticity
4. Gender and Genre: The Case of CIL 4. 5296
5. A Culture of Quotation: Virgil, Education, and literary Ownership