Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
Peter W. Culicover is Humanities Distinguished Professor in Linguistics and the founding Director of the Center for Cognitive Science at the Ohio State University. His publications include Formal Principles of Language Acquisition co-authored with Kenneth Wexler (MIT 1983), Principles and Parameters (OUP 1997), Syntactic Nuts (OUP 1999), Dynamical Syntax co-authored with Andrzej Nowak (OUP 2003), Simpler Syntax co-authored with Ray Jackendoff (OUP 2005), and Natural Language Syntax (OUP 2009).
Table of Contents
Part I: Theoretical Background
1. Varieties of Grammatical Complexity
2. The Architecture of Constructions
Part II: English Constructions
3. English Relatives
4. Constructions and the Notion 'Possible Human Language'
Part III: Processing Complexity and Grammar
5. Reflexes of Processing Complexity
Part IV: Acquisition, Change, and Variation
6. Explaining Complexity: The learner in the network
7. Constructional Complexity and Change
8. Integrating Constructions, Complexity, and Change