Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Caspar Meyer is Lecturer in Classical Archaeology at Birkbeck, University of London. He has held fellowships at the Getty Research Institute in Los Angeles and at the Centre Louis Gernet in Paris. He is particularly interested in classical visual culture and its persistence and transformation in modern Europe.
Table of Contents
Preface and acknowledgements
List of maps
List of figures
List of plates
1. Introduction: Discovering Greco-Scythian Art
2. Classical Art and Russian Identity
3. Defining the Corpus: Chronology, Technique, Distribution
4. Political Monuments of the Early Spartocid State
5. Looking at Greco-Scythian Art
6. Greco-Scythian Art in Practice
Grave inventories of Bosporan elite kurgans of the fifth and sixth centuries BC: a summary guide to excavations conducted 1821-1917