Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Guided Approach to Intermediate and Advanced Coding is a one-of-a-kind book that moves beyond basic coding to the advanced skills that get job candidates hired. Using real medical documentation, students learn key parts of the medical record, how to analyze records, what to code, what not to code, and the rationale behind these decisions. Practice exercises introduce students to different coding settings (physician office, hospital inpatient, hospital outpatient) and leveled cases build analytic skills. Covering ICD-9 and ICD-10 coding sets, the text bridges the gap between beginning and intermediate/advanced level coding so students are more prepared for the real world.
Table of Contents
SECTION I: MEDICAL CODING OVERVIEW
1. The Role of the Medical Coder in Health Care
2. Documentation and Coding Review
SECTION II: INTERMEDIATE CODING: A GUIDED APPROACH
3. Intermediate Physician Office Coding
4. Intermediate Outpatient Hospital Coding
5. Intermediate Inpatient Hospital Coding
SECTION III: ADVANCED CODING
6. Advanced Physician Office Coding
7. Advanced Outpatient Hospital Coding
8. Advanced Inpatient Hospital Coding
APPENDIX A: Instructions for Accessing ICD-9-CM Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting, and ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Draft Set Coding Guidelines
APPENDIX B: Instructions for Accessing Uniform Hospital Discharge Data Set Guidelines
APPENDIX C: Instructions for Accessing the 1995 and 1997 Documentation Guidelines for Evaluation and Management Services