Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
What is included with this book?
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MasteringHealth does not come packaged with this content. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MasteringHealth search for ISBN-10: 0321908724/ISBN-13: 9780321908728. That package includes ISBN-10: 0321910427/ISBN-13: 9780321910424 and ISBN-10: 0321948742/ISBN-13: 9780321948748.
MasteringHealth is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor.
For Personal Health Courses
Connecting Your Health to Your World—The Money and Technology Edition
Health: The Basics, Eleventh Edition focuses health coverage on real-world topics that have the greatest impact on your life, bringing health topics to life and keeping you hooked on learning and living well. This text addresses students’ diverse needs and learning styles with new Video Tutors and the new MasteringHealth™ Along with its dynamic new content and technology, this book retains its hallmarks of currency, excellent research, strength in behavior change, attractive design, imaginative art, and unique mini-chapters.
This program presents a better learning experience for you. Health: The Basics, Eleventh Edition will:
Rebecca Donatelle is Professor Emeritus in public Health and is the Coordinator of Public Health Promotion and Education Programs in the College of Health and Human Sciences at Oregon State University. She has a Ph.D. in Community Health/Health Education, a Master of Science degree in Health Education, and a Bachelor of Science degree with majors in both Health/Physical Education and English. She is also a Certified Health Education Specialist. In addition to her varied teaching responsibilities, Becky is an active researcher in the area of health behaviors and behavior change. She has received the Leadership Award, outstanding teacher award in her college, and a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Presidential Award for Promising New Research in the Smoke-Free Families National Initiative.
1. Accessing Your Health
Focus on: Improving Your Financial Health
2. Promoting and Preserving Your Psychological Health
Focus on: Cultivating Your Spiritual Health
3. Managing Stress and Coping with Life’s Challenges
Focus on: Improving Your Sleep
4. Preventing Violence and Injury
5. Building Healthy Relationships and Understanding Sexuality
6. Considering Your Reproductive Choices
7. Recognizing and Avoiding Addiction and Drug Use
8. Drinking Alcohol Responsibly and Ending Tobacco Use
9. Eating for a Healthier You
10. Reaching and Maintaining a Healthy Weight
Focus On: Enhancing Your Body Image
11. Improving Your Personal Fitness
12. Reducing Your Risk of Cardiovascular Disease and Cancer
Focus on: Minimizing Your Risk for Diabetes
13. Protecting against Infectious Diseases and Sexually Transmitted Infections
Focus on: Reducing Risks and Coping with Chronic Diseases and Conditions
14. Preparing for Aging, Death, and Dying
15. Promoting Environmental Health
16. Making Smart Health Care Choices
Focus on: Understanding Complementary and Alternative Medicine