Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
Rosaria Munson is Professor of Classics at Swarthmore College where she has been teaching since 1990.
Table of Contents
Rosaria V. Munson
Physis and Historie
1. The Boundaries of Earth, James S. Romm
2. Herodotus and Analogy, Aldo Corcella
3. Herodotus and Historia, Catherine Darbo-Peschanski
The Homeric wanderer
4. Odysseus and the Historians, John Marincola
Women in Herodotus
5. Exit Atossa: Images of Women in Greek Historiography about Persia, Heleen Sancisi-Weerdenburg and Addendun by Amelie Kuhrt
6. Women and Culture in Herodotus Histories, Carolyn Dewald
World religions and the divine
7. Herodotus and Religion, John Gould
8. Herodotus on the Names of Gods: Polytheism as a Historical Problem, Walter Burkert
9. Women's Customs among the Savages in Herodotus, Michele Rosellini and Suzanne Said
10. Imaginary Scythians: Space and Nomadism, Franccois Hartog
11. Herodotus the Tourist, James Redfield
12. Herodotus and an Egyptian Mirage, Ian S. Moyer
13. Who Are Herodotus' Persians?, Rosaria V. Munson
Us and them
14. Ethnicity, Genealogy, and Hellenism in Herodotus, Rosalind Thomas
15. East is East and West is West - Or Are They? National Stereotypes in Herodotus, Christopher Pelling
Bibliography of Works Cited