Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
What is included with this book?
THE ALL-IN-ONE GUIDE TO GROWING YOUR ONLINE BUSINESS.
Christer Holloman, the bestselling author and The Guardian technology expert, has lined up the leaders behind some of the most successful online retailers, and those that advise them, to reveal their best kept secrets on how to grow your online retail business.
• Discover how to grow your online business for short, medium and long term growth
• Find out how to acquire, retain and understand your customers
• Use cost-effective sales, marketing and social media to build revenue and profile
• Understand how to shape the customer journey and convert browsers into buyers
• Ensure technology works for you by using the right platforms and software
Visit www.sell-online.co for free extra material such as top tips, downloadable case studies, and video interviews with the leaders featured in the book and more.
Make sure your online presence is searchable, usable, buyable and profitable with How to Sell Online.
Christer Holloman is an experienced digital business change consultant. He is the CEO and cofounder of Divido (http://divido.com/), a fast-growing technology start-up in the process of changing the old school financial services sector.
Credited as “One of London’s Most Influential Individuals Within New Media” by The Evening Standard, he is often invited to write for The Guardian, Sky News and GQ about how organisations can make the most of opportunities presented by new technologies. Christer is the author of the The Social Media MBA series (Wiley).
A. Retail Truths
1. Some Thing Never Change
1.1 Expert Commentary: From Bricks to Clicks
1.2 Becoming Omni-Channel
1.3 Expert Commentary: John Lewis Move to Mobile
1.4 Expert Commentary: Mobile Shopping Opportunity
1.5 Case Study: Graze.com
1.6 Deep Dive: Omni-Communications
2. Getting Technology To Work For You
2.1 Deep Dive: Importance of Speed
2.2 Case Study: Watchfinder
B. Attracting More Customers
3. Understanding Your Demographics
3.1 Expert Commentary: Mapping the Customer Journey
3.2 Case Study: Thomas Cook
4. Starting To Use Social Media and PR
4.1 Deep Dive: From Social Listening to Predicting
4.2 Case Study: Bjorn Borg
C. Selling More
5. Presenting Products & Services Online
5.1 Case Study: The Board Basement
5.2 Reducing Shopping Cart Abandonment
5.3 Case Study: STA Travel
6. The Check-Out Journey
6.1 Expert Commentary: Make It Easy To Buy
6.2 Case Study: Carpet Underlay Shop
D. Surprising Customer Service
7. Make Your Brand, Your Customers’
7.1 Expert Commentary: Bazaarvoice
7.2 Case Study: Gopak
7.3 Expert Commentary: Authentic Customer Dialogue
7.4 Case Study: Grabble.com Getting Mobile Right
8. Deep Dive: Global Payment Alternatives
8.1 Payment Checklist
E. Key Opportunities in the Coming Year
9. Expert Commentary: Expanding Internationally
9.1 Deep Dive: Selling to Chinese Consumers
9.2 Case Study: Vivabarefoot
10. Inventory Management
11 Delivery Delight
11.1 Deep Dive: Packaging
12. Beefing up Security
Hall of Fame