Only one copy
in stock at this price.
from Private Sellers
Questions About This Book?
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Table of Contents
1. Psychology Is Alive and Well (And Doing Fine Among the Sciences).
2. Falsifiability: How to Foil Little Green Men in the Head.
3. Operationism and Essentialism: “But, Doctor, What Does it Really Mean?”
4. Testimonials and Case Study Evidence: Placebo Effects and the Amazing Randi.
5. Correlation and Causation: Birth Control by the Toaster Method.
6. Getting Things Under Control: The Case of Clever Hans.
7. “But It's Not Real Life!” : The “Artificiality” Criticism and Psychology.
8. Avoiding the Einstein Syndrome: The Importance of Converging Evidence.
9. The Misguided Search for the “Magic Bullet” : The Issue of Multiple Causation.
10. The Achilles' Heel of Human Cognition: Probabilistic Reasoning.
11. The Role of Chance in Psychology.
12. The Rodney Dangerfield of the Sciences.