Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Human Biology with Lab Manualby Mader, Sylvia; Windelspecht, Michael
step-by-step solutions for this book.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
To accomplish the goal of improving scientific literacy, while establishing a foundation of knowledge in human biology and physiology, Human Biology integrates a tested, traditional learning system with modern digital and pedagogical approaches designed to stimulate and engage today’s student.
Multimedia Integration: Michael Windelspecht represents the new generation of digital authors. Through the integration of multimedia resources, such as videos, animations and MP3 files, and in the design of a new series of guided tutorials, Dr Windelspecht has worked to bring Dr. Mader’s texts to the new generation of digital learners. A veteran of the online, hybrid, and traditional teaching environments, Dr. Windelspecht is well versed in the challenges facing today’s students and educators. Dr. Windelspecht guided all aspects of the Connect content accompanying Human Biology.
The authors of the text identified several goals that guided them through the revision of Human Biology, Thirteenth Edition:
- build upon the strengths of the previous editions of the text,
- enhance the learning process by integrating content that appeals to today’s students,
- deploy new pedagogical elements, including multimedia assets, to increase student interaction with the text,
- develop a new series of digital assets designed to engage the modern student and provide assessment of learning outcomes.
Table of Contents
Unit 1 Human Organization
2 Chemistry of Life
3 Cell Structure and Function
4 Organization and Regulation of Body Systems
Unit 2 Maintenance of the Human Body
5 Cardiovascular System: Heart and Blood Vessels
6 Cardiovascular System: Blood
7 The Lymphatic and Immune Systems
Infectious Diseases Supplement
8 Digestive System and Nutrition
9 Respiratory System
10 Urinary System
Unit 3 Movement and Support in Humans
11 Skeletal System
12 Muscular System
Unit 4 Integration and Coordination in Humans
13 Nervous System
15 Endocrine System
Unit 5 Reproduction in Humans
16 Reproductive System
17 Development and Aging
Unit 6 Human Genetics
18 Patterns of Chromosome Inheritance
20 Patterns of Genetic Inheritance
21 DNA Biology and Technology
Unit 7 Human Evolution and Ecology
22 Human Evolution
23 Global Ecology and Human Interferences
24 Human Population, Planetary Resources, and Conservation