Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
For courses in Human Resources Management.
Human Resource Management provides students in human resource management courses and practicing managers with a full and practical review of essential HR concepts and techniques, with a particular focus on using human resource practices to improve performance, productivity, and profitability at work.
This best-selling HRM text is designed with authoritative and current information on Human Resource Management that ALL managers can use in business. New topics can be found throughout the Fourteenth Edition, along with new features and video cases.
MyManagementLab for Human Resources Management is a total learning package. MyManagementLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program that truly engages students in learning. It helps students better prepare for class, quizzes, and exams–resulting in better performance in the course–and provides educators a dynamic set of tools for gauging individual and class progress.
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience—for you and your students. It will help:
- Personalize Learning with MyManagementLab: Inspire the exchange of new ideas and foster intriguing discussions with the abundant resources found in MyManagementLab.
- Focus on Productivity, Performance, and Profits: Practical material helps managers perform day-to-day responsibilities.
- Keep Your Course Current and Relevant: New topics and boxed features highlight human resources practices.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyManagementLab does not come packaged with this content. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyManagementLab search for ISBN-10: 0133801993/ISBN-13: 9780133801996. That package includes ISBN-10: 0133545172/ISBN-13: 9780133545173 and ISBN-10: 0133545695/ISBN-13: 9780133545692.
MyManagementLab is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor.
Table of Contents
Part One: Introduction
Chapter 1: Introduction to Human Resource Management
Chapter 2: Equal Opportunity and the Law
Chapter 3: Human Resource Management Strategy and Analysis
Part Two: Recruitment, Placement, and Talent Management
Chapter 4: Job Analysis and the Talent Management Process
Chapter 5: Personnel Planning and Recruiting
Chapter 6: Employee Testing and Selection
Chapter 7: Interviewing Candidates
Part Three: Training and Development
Chapter 8: Training and Developing Employees
Chapter 9: Performance Management and Appraisal
Chapter 10: Managing Employee Retention, Engagement, and Careers
Part Four: Compensation
Chapter 11: Establishing Strategic Pay Plans
Chapter 12: Pay for Performance and Financial Incentives
Chapter 13: Benefits and Services
Part Five: Enrichment Topics in Human Resource Management
Chapter 14: Ethics, Employee Relations, and Fair Treatment at Work
Chapter 15: Labor Relations and Collective Bargaining
Chapter 16: Employee Safety and Health
Chapter 17: Managing Global Human Resources
Chapter 18: Managing Human Resources in Small and Entrepreneurial Firms
Appendix A: PHR and SPHR Knowledge Base
Appendix B: Comprehensive Cases